Who We Are
North Idaho Militia - Mission Statement
- The members of the unorganized militia shall ever stand, as have our forefathers before us, first to God, from Whom we acknowledge the Authority of all Rights, and all the blessings of governments and to our native state.
- To promote and defend the unalienable God-given rights of all citizens, regardless of race, sex or national origin, as is expressed in the Idaho constitution and the Bill of Rights of the U.S. Constitution.
- To promote and defend the principles of just government bequeathed to us by our forefathers to whit, that the principle of the Tenth Amendment shall stand inviolate, as history has shown that the greatest system of checks and balances exists with the people and their states to check the powers accrued by the federal government.
- That the integrity of the courts, be they local, State or federal, shall remain uncontemptable providing that they shall respect and uphold the rights of the citizens of the several states, including but not limited to, upholding the due process of law, and to preserve the right of trial by jury, and to obtain immediate judicial review of cases wherein abuse of basic Constitutional rights are questioned.
- That all power is inherent in the people, and all free governments are founded on their authority, and instituted for their Life, Liberty, and Property; for the advancement of those ends they have at all times an unalienable and indefeasible right to alter, reform, or abolish the government in such manner as they may think proper.
- That government being instituted for the common benefit, the doctrine of nonresistance against arbitrary power is absurd, slavish, and destructive of the good and happiness of mankind.
- That all just government is servant of the people who have instituted it; that the people should never by force, nor coercion, be obliged to anything styled as "law" which has not been promulgated by their duly elected representatives; nor any as may be promulgated by them to bear conflict to the rights of the people, so that no government shall be made master of the people.
- To promote and propagate the militia as a well regulated (trained and prepared) organization, knowledgeable in historical precedent and current affairs, that is composed of common citizens.
- To develop a cohesive and competent command structure.
- To train our members in the many disciplines necessary to the function of the militia as a whole and to the members individually.
- To educate our members in areas of history, law and principle as compiled in the experience and records of our forefathers.
- To keep informed our members, and all citizens, of events Local, State, National and global that threaten to imperil our traditional Constitutional rights, or such as may imperil the sovereignty of our Nation by the undue influence of those who have forsaken their loyalty to our Nation, and to the principles upon which it was founded.
- To repel foreign aggression and invasions, by preparing and training for defense and by our encouraging and showing reason why all citizens should stand stoutly against socialism, fascism, communism, humanism, and all forms of tyranny.
- To suppress domestic insurrections and violence by supporting and assisting the appropriate Officers of the Law in upholding and maintaining law and order in accordance with such Local, State, and Federal statutes and laws that do not present jeopardy to our God-given rights as acknowledged in the U.S. Constitution, among others (see Amendment 9, Constitution of these United States).
Duty and Code of Conduct
1. I am a citizen of my State serving in the unorganized militia. I am prepared to give my life to guard and protect my homeland, our common law rights and liberties, and our way of life. This service is a duty of my citizenship.
2. I will keep and maintain the uniform, equipment, and weaponry necessary to perform the duties prescribed for the militia, and will be prepared to mobilize quickly.
3. I will never forget that I am a citizen of my State, and through her, of these united States. I am responsible for my actions and dedicated to the principles that made this country free. I will strive to lead an exemplary life and never, by action or statement, bring discredit to the militia, my country, or my fellow countrymen.
4. In all cases I shall endeavor to inform and urge all citizens to return to the Constitutional Republic our forefathers envisioned.
5. I will stand by, or come to the aid of, my brothers of the militia with whatever means necessary and without question or concern for my own well-being; to ensure due process of law as stated in the Constitution.
6. I will never misuse my position in the militia for financial or personal gain; nor will I engage in any activity subversive to the militia.
7. I will never surrender of my own free will. If in command, I will never surrender the members of my command while they have the means to resist.
8. If captured, I will continue to resist by all means possible. I will make every effort to escape. I will accept neither parole nor special favors from the enemy.
9. Should I become a prisoner of war, I am bound to give only my name, rank and date of birth. I will make no oral or written statements disloyal to the united States and its citizens or harmful to their continued struggle for liberty and freedom.
10. Should I become a prisoner of war, I will keep my faith with my fellow prisoners and accept no favors from the enemy. I will give no information, nor take part in any action, that might be harmful to my comrades. If I am a senior I will take command. If not, I will obey the lawful orders of those appointed over me and will support them in every way.
Alcohol and Illegal Drugs
In order to keep, maintain, and secure the professionalism of the North Idaho Militia, the consumption of any alcohol or illegal drugs will not be allowed or tolerated prior to or during any training exercise.
We have a duty and a responsibility to protect ourselves, the children we train with, visitors and the community from any harm that the consumption of alcohol or illegal drugs could bring.
We will always maintain the highest level of professionalism while serving in the North Idaho Militia.